Friday, October 22, 2010

Prayers Answered

After 20 days in the NICU, Emery is finally where she should be... HOME! It is such a relief to have her here and I couldn't be happier! Surprisingly, I'm much more comfortable handling this little angel than I thought I would be. I guess the NICU was a blessing in disguise because I was able to get all the practice that I needed with things like bathing and feeding her, without the overwhelming feeling of all of the sudden being a first time mom with a premature baby. I'm so grateful to all of the nurses who helped care for her- those ladies are amazing with both babies and their families! She is doing great at home so far, and I LOVE being able to care for her around the clock. She has even already had her first doctors appointment weighing in at a whopping 5 pounds 6.4 ounces and Dr. Bob said she is developing "perfectly" which makes for a very happy momma!


Getting ready to leave the hospital!

Sleeping soundly :)


Along with getting Emery home, I also got a new ride! The Solara was such a fun car, but with it being only a two-door, I desperately needed something more suitable for baby Emery. I'm absolutely in LOVE with my new car, a Toyota Avalon XLS. :)




Mitch and I are incredibly blessed right now and I give full credit to the power of prayer (and selfless, wonderful family members!) I would be completely lost without my amazing parents, family and friends and I wanted to thank everyone so much for all of their prayers and warm wishes for Emery and her homecoming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment