Monday, August 2, 2010

*SOME* Assembly Required

Two weeks away from my third trimester and little Emery's room is finally starting to look like an actual nursery! This past week, we put together her crib and her dresser. I say "we" like I had a hand in it, but all I really did was sit and watch, and get the boys cookies after they completed a task. Mitch and Stephen did all the real work. (Poor Stephen thought he was coming over to hang out with Mitch but little did he know I was putting him to work on the nursery) The crib went up first and surprisingly took only about 20 minutes. The dresser, on the other hand, was a totally different story. It had more parts and directions than anything I've ever seen. When the box said "Some assembly required", it actually meant "I hope you don't have any more plans because this is going to take you a while." After about 2 hours, they finally had it finished and I have to say, they did a great job! I'm in LOVE with how they both turned out and now I'm more motivated than ever to get the room finished.



The easy part



The finished product!



Tackling the beast.



I thought this was funny. He looked like a little kid in a fort.



Us- 1. Dresser- 0.



Ta-dahhh! We're almost ready for you, Emery!


On another note, today is our 1 month wedding anniversary and I couldn't be any happier. I got to marry my best friend and the more time that goes by, the more in love I fall. God sure is good :)

2 comments: